11.19.2010

Lucky in Love and Life - Denton County Photographer

"Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family." ~Anthony Brandt

DSC_0510


This is my favorite time of year... the holiday decorations and lights, the gift-giving, celebrating our Lord's birth... just the feeling of hope and thankfulness that surrounds us.  Especially when we are with family.

DSC_0389 DSC_0247

Recently I was thinking about how much I enjoy what I do.  And I have to say, my favorite is shooting children and families.  There is something about capturing this tiny moment in the history of a family and knowing that 30 years from now these same kids that I am making funny voices for will be showing these pictures to THEIR kids someday to make THEM smile.

DSC_0213

The fashions and hairstyles may change and cause them to cringe, but the feelings these pictures will evoke in a few decades will be the same as they are now... love, gratitude and peace.  Family does that.

DSC_0184 DSC_0199 DSC_0202

The Edwards family is no different.  Samuel and Alex give off a warmth and a joy that are a huge reflection of their parent's love for them.  Seeing them act silly and loving in that brother/sister way is an honor as a photographer, because I know Mom and Dad will treasure these moments for many years.

DSC_0136

DSC_0109

I am always honored when a client calls me a second time for portraits... it means I am doing something right.  I am grateful when they refer me to friends.  And I am TOUCHED when they do both over and over again like Andee does.

DSC_0350

DSC_0365


Thanks Andee and Sam for letting me be a little silly and drag you all over the Southlake Town Center for our fun shoot.   Your children are precious and fun and such a wonderful reflection of you both.  Hope you enjoy your pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment