3.08.2012

Black and White Photo Challenge for I Heart Faces (Denton County Photographer)

Sibling Love

It's been a while since I did one of these, as life has been pretty busy the past few months.  However, when I Heart Faces announced that their next challenge would be a black and white one, I couldn't resist.  Black and White Photography was my first love that started back in High School. 

Of course, that was in the film days and I'd shoot rolls and rolls of film before I got my lighting, subject and exposure just how I wanted it.  (One of these days I'll share some of my early work... as embarrassing as it is... just to show how a photographer continues to grow and learn along their path).

This particular photo was taken during a session with a brother and sister pair.  They wanted to surprise their mom with a nice portrait of the two of them.  It was such a fun shoot, as they were obviously close and goofy with one another.  As I was interacting with them and capturing candid moments from my lens, I couldn't help but think about my own son and daughter and fast forward 10 years.  I hope they have this same joy and closeness with one another.  (And in case they are reading this, I hope they surprise me with a photo shoot of just the two of them someday... especially since neither of them will hold still long enough for me to take their pictures now).

Enjoy this snapshot of Sibling Love... I hope you love it as much as I do.  Thank you Nicole for letting me spend a lovely couple of hours with you and your brother.

Sibling Love - I Heart Faces B&W Challenge March 2012
taken by Miranda Krebbs in Rockwall, Texas

Photo Challenge Submission

No comments:

Post a Comment